Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Stitch Fix review, July 2014

Name: Stitch Fix
Details: For $20 a month, Stitch Fix will send you a bag of five fashion items--tops, bottoms, jewelry, accessories--and let you decide which ones you want to keep. You can take the $20 you already spent and apply it toward the cost of your purchase.


The fact that, a day after I got them, I'm currently wearing two of the pieces that I received in my latest Stitch Fix shows how much I LOVED this month's shipment. Let's dispense with the formalities and get right into it, shall we?

Pile of goodies....


1. Beasley Stud Detailed Short Sleeve Knit Shirt (value: $58). This is a perfectly serviceable shirt, if not the most exciting item that I've received in a Stitch Fix. I like the color and the fit. I wish it were a bit less expensive, but it's versatile enough to be dressed up or down. I see possibilities with this.



2. Macklin Abstract Print Cut-Out Back Tank (value: $48). Once I found out that my Fix had shipped, I poked around online for photos of the items that I would be receiving. I wasn't entirely sure about this shirt when I got my sneak peek. However, I have to say now that I LOVE it! I'm all about the combo of bright colors tempered with the white background that keeps the print from becoming overwhelming. It's a flattering color and style, and I'll be keeping this one for sure!



3. Tina Striped Open Cardigan (value: $28). I had asked to receive lightweight cardigans with this shipment, and Stitch Fix delivered. I'm all about stripes, and I love the color blue, so I'm excited about this piece. Plus, the price is right. It's a keeper!



4. Abrianna Lightweight Knit Cardigan (value: $48). The second of my two Stitch Fix cardigans this month, paired with the amazing Macklin top. The color of this cardigan is gorgeous, and while I'll have to watch it around my dogs, as it's the type of material that excited little claws could easily snag, I'm keeping this one as well. In fact, I'm wearing this very outfit (top and cardigan) as I type this.



5. Connor Racerback Mixed Stripe Maxi Dress (value: $58). This was another piece that I wasn't sure about when I got my Internet sneak peek, but holy cow, look how HOT I am in this!  :)  In all seriousness, this dress hugs every curve just right, and I love it. The only issue is that it's a bit long, but nothing that a pair of heeled sandals or a trip to the seamstress won't fix. Love, love, love.

----------

I was super impressed with my Stitch Fix this month. I think it's the best one that I've received, and, honestly, they just keep getting better and better. The only top that I'm not completely sold on is the green Beasley number, but because I'm planning to buy the other four items, I might as well get that one too, so that I get a 25 percent discount. (Essentially, I'd be getting the top for free.)

To try out Stitch Fix for yourself, head to the website using my referral link: Stitch Fix subscription link

2 comments:

  1. That maxi dress does look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! When I first saw it, I thought, 'How the heck am I going to squeeze into this thing?' But if fits perfectly. Love it!

      Delete