Thursday, July 17, 2014

Ipsy review, July 2014

Name: Ipsy
Details: Every month, get a mix of trial- and full-size beauty products (all in a cute makeup bag).
Price: $10


I find that my subscription boxes come in waves...a bunch at the beginning of the month, a bunch toward the middle of the month, and a few trickling in toward the end of the month. I'm in the throes of my mid-month onslaught, so I'm trying to post reviews as fast as I can. This particular review is of my July Ipsy shipment.



This is the makeup bag in which all my Ipsy swag arrived. I love it! One of my favorites so far.



1. Clear Clinic Laboratories Vanished Clear Spot Treatment. When I first saw this product, I thought that it was a perfume sample and I took a good whiff of it. That was a mistake, as it smells like rubbing alcohol. However, I get the occasional zit, so I can definitely use this product.

2. Pur-lisse SPF 30 Sunscreen. I feel like I've received this product before, either in an Ipsy shipment or another subscription box. I'm too lazy to dig into that question, though. Regardless, I can always use sunscreen, so no complaints here.



3. Pop Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer. This is a good-sized compact, but I don't wear bronzer (on my pale skin, it would look like dirt streaked on my face), so I'll be gifting it.



4. Bare Minerals 5 in 1 BB Advanced Performance Cream Eyeshadow. I don't often wear eyeshadow, but when I do, I choose Dos Equis. Whoops, wait, that's a whole other thing. As I was saying, I don't typically wear eyeshadow, but I'll keep this around to play with.

5. Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm. Since I don't wear lipstick, I'm all about tinted balm. I was happy to see this in my bag.


To summarize:


----------

In terms of products, I think that I did pretty well this month. Out of the five things that I received, I'm keeping four, and I'm pretty sure that I can find someone who will want the bronzer. Works for me!

To get your own Ipsy subscription, sign up using my referral link: Ipsy subscription link

No comments:

Post a Comment