Tuesday, June 17, 2014

For the Makers review, June 2014

Name: For the Makers
Details: Every month, receive a box filled with the materials you'll need to make four jewelry and fashion projects.
Price: $29

Wow, I just realized that I haven't posted any reviews in a week! It's a been a busy few days, with work and Father's Day, plus the fact that my laptop is "in the shop." (Fun fact: it's never a good sign when the power cord starts smoking.) Anyway, I'm back with several boxes to review, so I'll get started with For the Makers.



This month's collection is called "Honey Nectar," and, according to the FTM website, features a luxury metal look.



Here are all the goodies that I'll be making.


And here are the products with which I'll be making them.

The projects are:

1. Wild pollen lip balm. I'm excited about this! I've never made lip balm (or any bath/body project), so I'm intrigued to see how my version turns out. The project involves beeswax and stovetops and real honey, and it sounds fantastic.



2. Foxtail twist scarf. I LOVE the color of this scarf...it's a pretty, coppery hue. I don't know whether it will stay put in my hair, which tends to laugh at attempts to contain it, but I'll be giving this scarf a shot.



3. Linden ring. Love this ring, too! The peach rhinestone is such a pretty color. For the Makers did a great job naming this collection, because everything in it makes me think of honey and nectar.



4. Marmalade bracelet. The last piece in the collection is a winner, too! I'm sure I'll look just as glamorous as the model does when I wear it while drinking a glass of sangria.

----------

I loved this month's For the Makers collection. The last few shipments that I've received from the company have been especially inventive and beautiful, so For the Makers is becoming one of the boxes that I most look forward to receiving every month!

To sign up for yourself, head to the website using my referral link: For the Makers subscription link

No comments:

Post a Comment