Monday, June 2, 2014

Cloud 9 review, May 2014

Cloud 9 is a subscription service that, every month, sends out a box of food and beauty samples for $20.95. The company recently sent me a free box to review, and I received it last week.



I was a little surprised that the packaging didn't match what appeared on the Cloud 9 website, but I wasn't too hung up on that. I still couldn't wait to see what was inside.



Because May is Celiac Disease Awareness Month, the Cloud 9 box contained gluten-free items. I don't eat gluten-free myself, but I'm always up for trying new products, so I was curious to see what I'd received.

1. Nutiva chia seeds. I had never heard of chia seeds before I received them in the Cloud 9 box. Apparently, chia seeds are a "superfood," with omega-3s, protein, and the like. The box also contained recipes in which chia seeds can be used, which was a nice touch. (And now I also know where the "Chia Pet" got its name, as sprouted chia seeds are what give the critter its green covering.)



2. Flourish Natural Body Care shampoo and conditioner. These hair products contain natural ingredients, and their scent comes from natural oils, not chemicals, so I'm excited to give them a try!



3. Lovely Candy Co. caramels and fruit chews. Oh my gosh, these caramels were SO good, and they were actually pretty low in fat, so I could indulge without guilt. I didn't like the fruit chews quite as much, but they were still tasty.



4. Free for All gluten-free crackers. I haven't tried these yet, but they sound amazing. You can't go wrong with roasted garlic and rosemary.

5. Craft of Tea sample. I was so excited to receive herbal tea in this box! I don't do caffeine, and most of the tea that I receive in subscription boxes is the "regular," fully caffeinated variety, so I'll definitely be enjoying this in the near future.

----------

I wasn't sure what to expect from the Cloud 9 box, but I was pleasantly surprised to find a variety of items included in the May shipment (including beauty products, which I always love receiving!). I'm still dreaming of those caramels, and I think I'll have to hunt down a few more bags for future snacking.

If you're interested in trying out the Cloud 9 box for yourself, head here: Cloud 9 subscription link

No comments:

Post a Comment