Friday, June 20, 2014

B.O.S.S. Bag review, June 2014

Name: B.O.S.S. Bag
Details: Every other month, customers receive a bag with five products (plus samples) from small and established businesses. ("B.O.S.S." stands for "Best Of Shopping Small.)
Price: Starts at $25 (Use the code promotion10 to save 10 percent off your bag.)


The June 2014 B.O.S.S. Bag was the first shipment from the company that I've received. I love subscription services that offer a variety of homemade products (jewelry, bath and body stuff, etc.), so I decided to check out B.O.S.S. The company offers three subscription levels, in which you can receive a "Beauty Bag," filled with only beauty products, for $25; a "Fashion Bag," filled with only jewelry and accessories, for $35; and a "Combination Bag," filled with both beauty products and accessories, for $30. I chose the "Combination Bag." Here's what arrived at my door.


A bag full of goodies, I'm excited!!!

1. Ms.Thang Creamy Oil from Sarenzo Bath & Body (retail value: $4)
2. Neapolitan-Ice-Cream-Scented Shea Oil Body and Hair Lotion from Hairitage Hydration (retail value: $4)
3. Herbal Hair Butter from Duafe Naturals (full-size retail value: $8)

Each of these is a sample-sized hair/body product, and I'm eager to try all three! B.O.S.S. Bag didn't provide any pricing information about the products in its shipment, so the values that I indicate here and below are based on information that I found on each company's website.



4. Twist Cream from Isabella's Own (full-size retail value: $18.95). I don't have braids, locks, or twists, but I'm sure that I can find some use for this sample.
5. Simply Shea Handmade Shea Butter Soap from Duafe Naturals (full-size retail value: ????)



6. Necklace from Knots N Tangles Crochet Works (retail value: $20). I'm going to be honest here. I don't like this necklace. At all. I'm not sure what the aesthetic is supposed to be, or what on earth I'd wear with this, but the necklace is not floating my boat by any stretch of the imagination. However, I checked out Knots N Tangles' etsy store, and it contains some cute crochet earrings and other items. I'm not sure why one of those pieces wasn't included in the bag. In any event, I might end up buying some of the shop's other pieces in spite---not because---of this necklace.



7. Bracelet from Pretty Girl Wristwear (retail value: $15). This bracelet is very cute (love the color), but it's a bit too big for me. It's elasticized, so I might cut it apart and replace the current cord with a smaller one. Still, I'm happy with this item.



8. "I Heart My Kinks" pin from Dope Hause (retail value: $5). Now, if one doesn't have kinks in her hair, she probably won't like this item, but I happen to have wild, unruly hair that has a mind of its own, so I can appreciate this message.



9. Natural Coconut Oil Soap from Conscious Creations (retail value: $6). This soap smells amazing! With all the beauty products that I received in this bag, I'll be sure to stay sweet-smelling all month long.

----------

What did I think of my first B.O.S.S. Bag? Overall, I was impressed! There was one "miss," but other than that, I thought the value was excellent, and I appreciated the variety of items that I received. B.O.S.S. Bags are released every two months, and a person has to go onto the company's website to order each new version. Since this was the June bag, my guess is that the next bag will be released in August.

To try out B.O.S.S. Bag for yourself, head to the website and use the code promotion10 to save 10 percent: B.O.S.S. Bag subscription link

No comments:

Post a Comment