Friday, June 20, 2014

Blues Jean Bar Express review, June 2014

Name: Blues Jean Bar Express
Details: Receive one-on-one consultations with a stylist who will then send you a package of designer clothing.
Price: Costs $1 to start. Otherwise, keep and pay for what you like, and return the rest free of charge.
 
 
I love getting boxes from Blues Jean Bar Express! The garments inside them are a little more expensive than those that I receive from other subscription services, but they're also of a higher quality. I use BJB Express to build up the "staples" in my wardrobe--classic shirts, jeans, and accessories that I'll own for years. Let's take a look at what I received in my June shipment.
 
A side note: My husband takes all the photos on this blog that feature me wearing various outfits, and, let me tell you, he LOVES it. (That's sarcasm right there.) Whenever I say the words, "Are you ready for a fashion show?" (which is what I call these "photo shoots"), he groans. He's a good husband, though, so he grabs the camera and gets to work :)
 
Anyway, on to the outfits!
 
(1). LA Made henley racerback cami (retail value: $77) paired with (2). Joe's petite bootcut Aubree jeans (retail value: $173).  I loved the colors and the horizontal striping on this cami. I also liked the fit. However, I liked a few other items in the box a little better than this one, and I knew that I couldn't buy everything, so I decided to pass on it. I did buy the Joe's Aubree jeans, though. They're very comfortable and have a soft, broken-in feel to them. I've already worn them a few times and I love them! (BTW, I'm not sure why this photo is so faded compared to the others that you'll see below. It's probably because of the fact that, in this pic, the camera is capturing the misty essence of my ethereal beauty. Something like that.)



(3). Alpinestars combat drape vest in regal blue (retail value: $106) paired with (4). Amour Vert boyfriend tank top (retail value: $48) and (5). Henry & Belle jeans (retail value: $163). I really wanted to buy this vest. It was so comfortable and flattering, and I loved the color. If it were a bit less expensive, I probably would have gone for it. I liked the jeans, too, but since I'd already purchased a skinny-leg pair in last month's BJB Express shipment, I opted for the Joe's bootcut jeans that I already mentioned. The tank top was cute, too, but I already have a few white tanks, so I didn't feel the need to buy another one.


 
(6). BJB woven top (retail value: $64) paired with (7). Joe's high-rise straight-ankle jeans (retail value: $173). I almost kept this shirt. I really wanted to. I loved the color and the woven fabric. The thing that stopped me was the sleeves. I'm not a fan of shirts with drapey, bell-shaped sleeves, and I knew that the sleeves on this particular shirt would drive me nuts. I contemplated cutting them off at the elbow for a different look, but decided that I wasn't going to spend $64 on a shirt only to hack it apart. So, sadly, I sent the shirt back. I also didn't buy these jeans, but I did like them.



(8). Amour Vert drape cardigan (retail value: $96) paired with (9). Joe's skinny ankle Galenia jeans (retail value: $173). If this cardigan were about thirty or forty bucks cheaper, I would have snapped it up. I loved it, but if I'm going to spend $100 on a top, I want it to be more of a "statement" piece as opposed to a staple. As for the jeans, since I'd already decided to go with the Henry & Belle pair, I passed on these.



(10). BJB knit top (retail value: $56) paired with the previously mentioned Henry & Belle jeans. At this point, you're probably wondering, 'What the heck DID she buy?' Well, to start, I bought this shirt. It's great. The color is perfect, it's comfortable, and it has a classic, neutral look that I love. And I bought the jeans, of course, which I mentioned above.



(11). TOMS Margeaux sunglasses in crystal nude (retail value: $118). I bought these, too! I could hardly believe that I spent more than $100 on a pair of sunglasses, but as soon as I put them on, I loved them. That's a rare thing for me, as I'm very picky about sunglasses. However, for every pair of sunglasses that TOMS sells, the company donates a pair of glasses to a person in need, so that fact helped me with my purchasing decision.



(12). Coobie seamless bra with lace (retail value: $22). I bought this, too. I can always use new bras, and the price was right. As a bonus, it's comfortable and fits me perfectly.

----------

Once again, BJB Express came through with some amazing items! Until I win the lottery, I won't be able to afford everything in my shipments, but they're definitely fun to look through, and I always find a few quality pieces to add to my wardrobe. (A disclosure: I purchase my items using a combination of store credit from BJB Express as well as my own money.) As soon as I send one BJB Express box back, I'm already anticipating the next one!

To try out BJB Express for yourself, head over to the website using my referral link: Blues Jean Bar Express subscription link 

No comments:

Post a Comment