Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Rx Vintage review, May 2014

In college, I was big into vintage clothing, to the point that about 50 percent of my wardrobe came from thrift shops and vintage stores. As the years passed, I phased out many of those pieces, primarily because I had chosen them based on the cuteness of their styles, and not on how well they actually fit me. However, when I recently learned about Rx Vintage, a subscription service that sends out monthly shipments of vintage clothing, I decided to give it a shot. I was intrigued from the get-go because I had to sign up for an invitation, which was a few weeks in coming. When I received the invite, I had to complete a VERY thorough questionnaire (seriously; it took about a half hour to finish) about my fashion likes and dislikes, my measurements, etc. I was also asked to create Pinterest boards showing vintage styles that I liked, and to send in a full-body photo so that the folks at Rx Vintage could choose pieces that would match my appearance and personal style.

I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical when I signed up for Rx Vintage because some of the fashions (i.e., jumpsuits, caftans) that appeared on the company's website were not my style at all. However, I was heartened by the fact that Rx Vintage requested so much detailed information from me, so I was eager to see what would arrive in the mail.


 Love the feather!


In case you can't read the card, it says "'60s Green Lasso Print Dress in Excellent Condition, Retail Value $56.00". I'm intrigued!


Looks cute! Let's try it on, shall we?


I. LOVE. THIS. Normally, I stay away from tailored dresses because I'm a curvy girl and I find that a tailored garment that fits on the top is often too small on the bottom (or vice versa). However, this dress fits perfectly and is very comfortable. Rx Vintage did a great job taking my measurements into account when selecting an article of clothing for me, and I appreciate the effort! This will be a cute spring/summer dress (and, as you can see from the photo, stands up to rainstorms quite well, too).

----------

I was so pleased with my first shipment from Rx Vintage! I paid $29 plus $8.95 shipping and handling, and received a dress worth $56, so I got a great deal. Rx Vintage also offers plans in which you can receive two items for $49 a month, or four to five items for $99 a month. I'm really tempted to up my subscription, but I think I'll stick with the one-item-per-month plan for a few go-rounds to see what future shipments bring. I'm also a little hesitant to sign up for the other options because they count accessories as some of the items that you can receive (unlike the $29 subscription, in which you're guaranteed to receive an article of clothing), and I don't really need more jewelry or handbags, since I receive so many in other subscription boxes (and because I sell Chloe & Isabel jewelry myself). We'll see what the future brings, though.

If you'd like to get on the Rx Vintage waiting list, head here: Rx Vintage subscription link

No comments:

Post a Comment