Monday, May 19, 2014

MissionCute review, May 2014

MissionCute is a subscription box with, well, a mission. Fifty percent of the net proceeds from each box go to a different nonprofit every month. The cost starts at $29, and boxes contain items made by independent artisans. When I learned about MissionCute, I was eager to join. However, after I checked out the company's website, I found that I would have to sit on a waiting list before I could subscribe. Luckily, I was on the list for only a few days when I received an invitation. I ponied up my money and anticipated what I would receive.

The box arrived late last week.



So excited!


It looks like a party!

1. Earrings from Peachtree Lane (retail value: $8). These earrings are sooo delicate and tiny. They're very cute, and I love the color. I don't know how much I'll wear them, but I'll keep them around to put on every so often.



2. Lip Gleem from Just Neem (retail value: $3.50). I can always use lip treatments. I wish this one wasn't "Grapefruit" flavor, or scent, or whatever you want to call it, as I'm not a fan of grapefruit, but I can survive.



3. Cocktail napkins from p. press (retail value: $6.75). These are cute, but I don't throw a lot of parties at which I could use them, so in our house they'll probably be used for things like pizza and burgers.



4. Hair ties from BohoBands (custom-made for MissionCute; retail value: $5.99). Love these hair ties; I tend to lose pony-tail holders, so now that I have some pretty ones, maybe I'll keep a better eye on them. In addition, I received a coupon for 20 percent off my next purchase at the BohoBands website.



5. Pencils from The Carbon Crusader (retail value: $8). These are great, but after taking a peek at The Carbon Crusader website and seeing all the phrases that are available on the company's pencils, I wish this set said something other than "I Heart You Mom." Not that I don't heart my mom...I do, and I realize that I'm supposed to give these to her. However, if I did give them to her, I think she'd just make a confused face and say, "uh...okay, thanks." (She's not a novelty pencil type of person.) So now I'll be using pencils that say "I Heart You Mom," and I don't have kids, but maybe I can pretend that my dogs and cats gave them to me. Yeah, that's what I'll do. And I'll end my stream-of-consciousness rambling right now.

----------

Overall, I was happy with my first MissionCute shipment. I liked everything that I received, though I will say that none of the items overwhelmed me. That's okay, though, there's always next month. Plus, how can I be upset when my purchase of the box helps a charity, in this case, The Eli Home in Anaheim, California? I'll be keeping my MissionCute subscription, and can't wait for June's box!

To try out MissionCute for yourself (or at least to get on the waiting list), head here: MissionCute subscription link

No comments:

Post a Comment