Monday, May 19, 2014

For the Makers review, May 2014

For the Makers is a subscription service that, every month, sends out four crafts centered around a particular theme. The theme this month was "Toketee," which, according to the FtM website, is "a stripped down collection of earthy stones, glittered with gold accents that echo a midsummer night sky." The vibe that I get from it is a southwestern U.S./Native American ethos. I was really excited to see what the collection contained, so I couldn't wait to open the box.





The first thing I noticed when I opened the package was the tea towel that you see above. It has a "rustic" look to it, and is so soft. The box was off to a GREAT start.

I've grabbed photos from the For the Makers website to illustrate each of the projects; that's because I figure that seeing the finished items will help you understand them better than would me posting a photo of random art supplies grouped together.


1. Little Point Earrings. I love the delicacy of these earrings, and think that they'll be a great look for summer.



2. Tasi Wall Hooks. These are cute, but I'm not sure how my husband will feel about me installing random hooks on a wall of our house. I'll just have to do it when he's not around ;)



3. Nebi Ladder Necklace. At first, I wasn't sure whether or not I liked this necklace, but the more I look at it, the more I dig it. I think it'll be cute with a tank top and jeans.



4. Confetti Trail Tea Towel. Love this! As I mentioned earlier, the material from which the tea towel is made has an interesting, textured-yet-soft, feel that reminds me of old-timey fabrics. I probably won't ever use this as a towel because I won't want to get it dirty, but I'm sure that I'll find some other use for it.

----------

I was really happy with the Toketee collection this month. I liked the mix of jewelry and non-jewelry craft items, and thought the aesthetic that For the Makers chose for this month's shipment was beautiful. If you'd like to try out For the Makers for yourself (the cost is $29 per month), head on over to the website using my referral link: For the Makers subscription link

No comments:

Post a Comment