Thursday, May 15, 2014

MakrBox review, May 2014

MakrBox is a subscription service that sends out monthly shipments featuring products made by artisans from the Pacific Northwest. Different subscription levels are available: the "Minimalist," which costs $14; the "Classic," which costs $29; and the "Maven," which costs $59. (Shipping is included in the costs of all three levels.) I decided to purchase a Minimalist box so that I could see what the company had to offer.




Looks good so far...

MakrBox includes an information card about each artisan featured in the box, which I think is a great touch. It helps "personalize" the items that you receive, and tie them to the people who made them.



1. Six-ounce glass jar of sea salt from San Juan Island Sea Salt (retail value: $13). LOVE this! The salt is culled sustainably from the water surrounding San Juan Island in Washington. This will definitely be a fun spice to use when cooking.



2. Hemp washcloth from Cusp Natural Products (retail value: $8.99). Love this, too! It's a soft, durable washcloth that I'll probably never use because I can't imagine exposing it to food crumbs and spills.

----------

I was thrilled with the items that I received in my May MakrBox! Both products are useful and unique, and pay tribute to the artisanal spirit of the northwest. The value was great for what I paid, too. I think I'll be sticking around as a MakrBox subscriber! Head here to check out the service for yourself: MakrBox subscription link

No comments:

Post a Comment