Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Glossybox review, April 2014

Yes, that headline is correct, I'm reviewing the April Glossybox. Because of a delay in shipping, I received it in the mail late last week, a situation that created all sorts of confusion for me. That's because the April Glossybox is my first-ever Glossybox, and before I had even received it, I was charged for the May box. I didn't know what was going on, and I thought that I was being charged twice for the same box. Luckily, customer service got back to me quickly, sorted through the situation, and now all is right in Glossybox land for me.

On to the review. Glossybox is a subscription service that sends out monthly boxes filled with sample- and full-size beauty products. It costs $21 a month. I liked the fact that I would be receiving a few full-size products in my shipments, so I was eager to open the box when it arrived.


Not pictured: My cats loitering around this box, trying to discover whether or not it contained food.




And on to the items...

 1. Aqua Spa Relax Body Crème (sample size)--I love the smell of lavender, so it's a safe bet that I'll be using this lotion. A full size retails for $10.

2. Caldrea Body Wash (sample size)--I wish this sample was a little larger, as I enjoy a good body wash. A full size retails for $18.



3. Ciate London Paint Pot (full size; retail value: $15)--I have enough nail polishes to last for at least the next five years, but I always enjoy getting new colors to try out. And this color is amazing! It's an attention-getting red/orange glittery hue.



4. LASplash Cosmetics Eyeshadow Sealer/Base (full size; retail value: $9)--I love the idea of this product, and though I haven't used it yet, I'm sure I'll be doing so shortly. I shy away from eyeshadow because it tends to smear and smudge on my eyelids, so hopefully this product will help prevent that, and open my eyes (pun intended) to the world of shadow again.

5. Bellapierre Cosmetics Super Gloss in Vanilla Pink (full-size; retail value: $24.50)--I don't wear lipstick, but I do like lip gloss, so this product will definitely get some use.

 ----------

I was happy with the array of items that I received in my Glossybox. I especially liked the fact that I received three full-size products, one of which, at nearly $25, more than covered the cost of the box itself. I'm looking forward to receiving my May box, which will contain SIX products, as well as a $25 gift card to Bergdorf Goodman.

If you're interested in checking out Glossybox for yourself, I'd love it if you used my referral link: Glossybox subscription link

No comments:

Post a Comment