Monday, May 12, 2014

Popbasic review

I've found another mail-order clothing service to love.

It's called Popbasic. Every month, the company releases a new "micro-collection" (essentially, an outfit consisting of three pieces) on its website. The cost varies depending on which items the collection includes, but generally falls between $50 to $100 for the entire outfit. Popbasic isn't a subscription service, as purchasing one micro-collection doesn't automatically lock you into buying future collections. With that in mind, the best way to stay on top of future releases is to subscribe to the company's newsletter so that you'll be sure to get the micro-collections you want as soon as they're released. (Once the pieces are sold out, they're no longer available for purchase.)

I learned about Popbasic only recently, on another review website, and headed over to the company's own website for a peek. I fell in love with some of Popbasic's previous micro-collections, which, unfortunately, are no longer available. However, I decided to take a chance and buy the Ashbury Collection, which is currently being sold on Popbasic's website. The outfit consists of a "Basic Black Tank," an "Ashbury Vegan Leather Skirt," and a "Gwyn Collar Necklace," and costs $70. It shipped quickly, and arrived in the mail a few days after I bought it.








In each package, along with the micro-collection, Popbasic includes a beauty or lifestyle item. This month, I received fragrance samples from Pinrose. LOVE the packaging, and can't wait to try these!

And now on to the outfit:


Normally, I'm not a fan of leather/faux-leather products, but I LOVE this look. Everything is so well-made. The skirt is lightweight, and has a smooth, supple feel to it. While the tank is just a basic black top, it fits well and is comfortable. The necklace is amazing, too. It's heavier than I expected it to be, and it really shimmers.

One of my dogs, Daisy, kept lurking around during my "photo shoot," so I forced her to join the picture. I think that she accents the necklace well.



A quick note: I ignored the Popbasic sizing guidelines and ordered the skirt in a large, which I usually wear, because I assumed that if I ordered a medium, the skirt would be too small (this despite the fact that the sizing guidelines, based on my measurements, told me to order a medium). Consequently, the skirt that I received was too big. (In the pictures above, I had cinched it with a clothespin at the back waistband.) Luckily, the Popbasic customer service is awesome, and I was able to exchange the skirt for my correct size. I guess my point in telling you this is to offer the following advice: pay attention to the Popbasic sizing guidelines, and not your gut, when ordering your micro collection.

----------

I was VERY impressed with my first Popbasic shipment, and can't wait until the next release. As of today, the Ashbury collection is still on sale, but I don't know how close it is to being sold out, so if you want to place your order, better do so ASAP. If you use my referral link, you can save $15 off your first purchase: Popbasic link. Also, be sure to follow the company on social media, or sign up for its newsletter, to get information about future releases!

No comments:

Post a Comment