Friday, April 25, 2014

Socialbliss Style Box review, April 2014

I was so excited to get my April Socialbliss Style Box in the mail last week. I LOVED last month's box, so I had my fingers crossed that this month's box would be just as good. It seems as though I'm on the tail end of Socialbliss's mailing list, because I saw reviews of the April box posted online several days before I received my own. I wanted to be spoiler-free, though, so I didn't read any of them, and as I opened the box I had no idea what I would find inside.



1. Socialite's Night Out bag by Izzy & Ali (retail value: $129). Amazing start! I LOVE this bag. I'm a purse fiend to begin with, and this handbag is perfect. It's classy, simple, and will look great paired with a nice dress for a night on the town. I think that Socialbliss offered this bag in three colors: navy, gray, and black. Obviously, I got the black, and I'm really happy about that, as I think it will match more of my clothing than would the other two colors.



2. Better Than Sex mascara by Too Faced (retail value: $15). I already have lots of mascara, but I can always use another tube.



3. Touch of Sparkle cubic zirconia earrings (retail value: $50).
4. It's Sense earrings (bonus gift, retail value: ?).
This is where things started to go downhill. These are cute earrings, but I don't have pierced ears, so I can't use them. Check out a closeup of the cubic zirconia earrings, though:

Sparkly!



5. The Little Black Compact (retail value: $5). This was cute, I suppose, but not quite my style. I knew that I wouldn't use it, and that it would just end up getting lost in my purse, so I traded it.



6. Girls Night Out Nail Art Kit by Stella (retail value: $7). This was another disappointing find. I'm sure some people would make good use of it, but while I love nail polish, I'm not big into nail art. I know I would just end up making a mess of my nails, so I'll be trading this one, too.

----------

I was a bit disappointed in this month's Socialbliss Style Box. Coming off the high that was last month's box, maybe disappointment was inevitable. Still, I'm really hoping that May's box is a step back in the right direction. I loved the purse, though, so the box wasn't a total loss.

Interested in trying out the Socialbliss Style Box for yourself? Sign up using my referral link: Socialbliss Style Box subscription link. The cost is $47.90 a month, and you'll receive as much as $200 worth of accessories.

No comments:

Post a Comment