Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Birchbox review, April 2014

I'm way behind in posting this Birchbox review, partly because I was inundated with other boxes this past week, but mostly because I set aside the Birchbox after I received it, and forgot about it until yesterday. That's not a reflection on the quality of the box, though; it's more a reflection on my sometimes scatterbrained state of mind.

Anyway, here's what I received in my April Birchbox. (Please bear with me on the photo quality; my cat was sleeping on the table where I normally take photos for this blog, and I didn't want to wake him, so I had to switch locations. I'm not super happy with this background and lighting, but my cat got his beauty sleep, so that's something, I guess.)



1. Orange Sanguine Cologne Absolue from Atelier Cologne. This cologne has a citrus scent that I was surprised to discover I liked, given that my taste in cologne and perfume runs toward the floral rather than the "food-y."



2. BeeKind body lotion. I LOVE lotion, as I have a problem with dry skin, so I'm always up for samples like this. (BTW, and I know this is off-topic, but I have found the BEST lotion for dry skin: Human & Kind Family Remedy Cream. I received it in an Escape Monthly subscription box that contained items from Ireland, and it's fantastic. My hands were so weather-beaten by winter, and this has helped whip them back into shape.)



3. "Gold Struck" polish from Color Club. This is a cute color, and according to the information from Birchbox, it has a "luxe pearl finish," so I'm excited to try it out.



4. Sumita Color Intense Pencil in Black. I like eyeliner, and though I typically stick to browns and grays, I'll give this one a try.



5. Healthy Grains Bar from KIND Snacks. When I first opened my Birchbox, this item was sitting on top, and I was really confused because I didn't realize that the company sometimes includes food samples in its packages. In any event, this bar was REALLY good...sweet and salty at the same time. And, because it's healthy, I can eat, like, ten of them at once, right?

----------

This month's Birchbox had a good variety of items. I wasn't super excited about any of them, but I didn't dislike any of them either, so I consider that a win. (That's in contrast to another subscription box that I just received, for which I paid $50 and ended up liking only two of the six items inside it. That's a review for another day, though.)

I'm going off on a lot of tangents here, aren't I? I'll finish this post by reminding you that, if you don't subscribe to Birchbox and would like to do so, head on over to the website using my referral link: Birchbox subscription link. The cost is $10 per month, and you'll receive four or five samples of beauty items and cosmetics (and, apparently, food).

No comments:

Post a Comment