Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Sweet Tea Polish review, April 2014

Sweet Tea Polish is a company that creates hand-mixed nail polish "inspired by the South." A quick look at some of the polish names bears that out. There's "Daisy Dukes," which is a blue polish with flecks of white, blue, and silver glitter; "Shoofly Pie," which is "molasses brown" in color; and "Bayou Babe," which is a gray polish with black, purple, and green glitter.

I fell in love with Sweet Tea while visiting the company's website. The polishes are so unique, and the colors are so rich, dynamic, and textured. With that in mind, I decided to check out Sweet Tea's monthly subscription, which includes a full-size bottle of polish, a mini bottle, and a surprise gift. I received my package in the mail yesterday.


I opened it...


...and entered nail polish heaven!


This is my full-size bottle. It's "Mint Julep," and I love it. Green is my favorite color, and this is such a pretty hue. I'm happy so far!


I received a "bonus" mini bottle, so I had two colors to swoon over. The one on the left is "Wabash Cannonball," which is a matte polish, and the one on the right is "Spring Fling." Look at that glitter...it's gorgeous. I really can't wait to try these!

Here's my bonus gift:


It's a pendant necklace made from the Sweet Tea hue "Slap Your Grandma." (I'm probably showing my age and/or ignorance, but I had never heard that phrase before, so I looked it up. According to the Urban Dictionary, it means that "something is so good that you're awestruck by it to the point where you're so disoriented that you might mistakenly slap your grandmother.") Anyway, creating a pendant out of nail polish is a great idea, and I love the purple color, so I'll definitely be putting this piece on my summer accessory rotation.

----------
 
What did I think about the Sweet Tea subscription service? I loved it! The colors that I received were beautiful, and I thought that the value was fantastic. (Monthly subscriptions cost $12.50.) Plus, all Sweet Tea's polishes are "three-free," which means that they don't contain toluene, formaldehyde, or dibutyl phthalate. I'll definitely be staying on board to see what Sweet Tea has to offer next month. To subscribe for yourself, just head on over here, y'all: Sweet Tea Polish subscription link

No comments:

Post a Comment