Saturday, March 29, 2014

Stitch Fix review, April 2014

I was scheduled to receive my next Stitch Fix shipment on April 1, so I was surprised to come home from work yesterday and find the box of clothes waiting on my doorstep. This was my second Stitch Fix shipment, so I was eager to see what my SF stylist had come up with after the first notes that I had given her.



1. Indianan Ikat Print Mixed Material Tee ($44)--I know tribal prints are big right now, but I'm not really into them, so I wasn't a big fan of this shirt. The front was soft, but the back was made from a silky fabric that was kind of heavy, which I didn't like. Plus, the shirt was boxy and big on me. Returned.



2.  41Hawthorn Asha Chevron Print Infinity Scarf ($28)--This scarf was a nice surprise. I love the color green, and I can see myself pairing this with several different outfits, so I kept it.



3. Vancouver Tribal Print V-Neck Blouse ($44)--I tried to talk myself into buying this shirt. Like I said before, I'm not a big fan of tribal print, but I did like the color combination on this one. I wasn't really in love with it though, and once I realized that the hem was uneven (one side rose up higher than the other, which you can see in the picture), the decision was pretty easy to make. Returned.



 
4. Thread & Supply Figueroa Embroidered Denim Jacket ($68)--I'm not big into denim jackets (and, having said that, I just bought a denim jacket from Golden Tote that I absolutely LOVE), so this was a "no." Returned.



5. Just Black Adora Skinny Jean ($88)--These jeans fit really well, but I wasn't a big fan of the aqua color. If I'm going to spend ninety bucks on a pair of jeans, they'd have to be "regular"-colored denim (and also come with a twenty-dollar bill in the pocket). Returned.

----------

The verdict? I'm not going to lie, I was disappointed with this month's "fix." I like loose, drapey tops, but all the loud patterns I'm getting are killing me. I did leave lots of notes for my stylist, though, so I'm eager to see what next month brings.

If you want to give Stitch Fix a try, check it out here: Stitch Fix subscription link

No comments:

Post a Comment