Thursday, July 17, 2014

Q-Box review, July 2014

Name: Q-Box
Details: A lifestyle subscription box that contains five to seven full-size, cute items from Japan and Korea, delivered every month to your doorstep.
Price: $24.95 plus shipping


The July Q-Box was the second shipment from the company that I received. Each month's box sells out so quickly that by the time I received my May box and decided to purchase June's edition, it was already sold out. Instead, I ponied up for July. The shipment arrived yesterday. I'll preface my review by saying that, although I liked several of the items that I received, I've decided that this subscription isn't really my cup of tea, so if anyone is interested in buying the entire July box from me, shoot me an email at subscriptionprescription@outlook.com (or let me know on the SP Facebook page).






1. Dolly Cat eyeliner, from Japan (retail value: $10). I love the packaging, and I do wear eyeliner on occasion, but I haven't had luck with liquid liners, so I won't be using this. It's probably great for creating a "cat's eye" look, though!
 
 
 
2. AZUL double pearl cuff bangle, from Japan (retail value: $20). This is a cute bracelet, though a bit too big for my wrist. It's got a nice heft to it, and I like the simplicity of its design.
 
 
 
3. Rilakkuma chopsticks and storage case set, from Korea (retail value: $7.50). I've long ago given up on the idea that I'll ever be able to eat using chopsticks without looking like a toddler trying out a new utensil for the first time. This is a cute set, though.
 
 
 
4. Half-year planner, from Korea (retail value: $2.50). Another cute item, though I don't use planners. I'm sure I'll find someone else who can use this!
 
 
 
5. TonyMoly CatChu Wink lipstick from Korea (retail value: $10). I keep this blog strictly PG-rated, but I just want to say that this lipstick case reminds me of something that is decidedly NOT a cat, and leave it at that. The lipstick itself is a medium-pink color that would look great on someone without red hair and hazel eyes (i.e., someone who is not me).
 
 
 
6. Repetto ribbon tote bag, from Japan (retail value: $22). According to Google, Repetto is a French company that sells ballet shoes. This bag is cute, and I like the bubble-gum pink color, but I have so many tote bags already that I won't mind trading this one or giving it away.
 
 ----------
 
My verdict? The July Q-Box offered an amazing value ($72) for what I paid. It's a really fun box to dig through, but ultimately, I think that I'm a little too old to appreciate most of what I receive. I won't be buying any additional Q-Boxes, but I'll be keeping an eye out on the trading boards to see if anyone else gets future goodies for which I wouldn't mind swapping.
 
To check out Q-Box, head here: Q-Box subscription link

No comments:

Post a Comment