Thursday, June 5, 2014

Be Nice Box review, June 2014

Be Nice Box is a service that, for $15, sends out a monthly box filled with projects that encourage subscribers to "be nice" to those around them. One dollar from every box goes to charity. The theme of this month's box was "full bellies," and the charities that received money were No Kid Hungry and Meals on Wheels. Let's take a peek inside the shipment.



The box contained a hand-written note, which was a nice touch. (It IS the Be Nice Box, after all.)


This "map" travels throughout the month of June, and provides guidelines on how to use the items that the box contains to help others.

1. KIND bars. These are meant to be a surprise treat for anyone to whom you'd like to give them.



2. Sugar books from Leafcutter Designs. I had never heard of sugar books before receiving them in my Be Nice Box.
 
Each book contains blank pages upon which you can write whatever little things your heart desires. Then, you leave the book in a container of sugar packets for someone else to read and contribute to. This is such a clever idea, and I'll be trying it out, though I'll have to select my locations strategically. I have a feeling that a sugar book left in a trendy coffeeshop will have a better chance of surviving the trashcan than one left in, say, Denny's.

BTW, the Leafcutter Designs website has all kinds of cute stuff on it, so be sure to check it out.



3. Kindly Coffee. This package of coffee is just large enough to brew a pot of caffeinated happiness for a friend or coworker.


 
4. Cupcake liners and toppers. Be Nice Box provided these so that subscribers can bake cupcakes for someone during the month of June. Realistically, I'm probably not going to do that, but I'll keep these in the cupboard for the next time I do break out the cake mix.



5. Summer garland. This is a gift for the Be Nice Box subscriber, which means that I get to keep it. I wasn't able to get a decent photo of this garland as it dangled in the air (which is how it's supposed to be displayed), but here's what it looks like on a table. I'm not sure where I'll put it, so I might extend the "be nice" theme with this product and give it to my nieces or nephews.

----------

This is the first Be Nice Box that I received, and I had no idea what to expect when I subscribed. I was pleasantly surprised by what showed up at my door. I loved getting a personal note from the box's makers, and thought that the projects included in the box were intriguing. As I've learned more about various subscription boxes through this blog, I find that I'm gravitating away from big-company boxes and becoming more interested in "mom-and-pop" boxes that are curated and packaged by the people who actually started them. I enjoyed the items that I received in the Be Nice Box this month, and can't wait to see what next month brings!

To try out the Be Nice Box for yourself, head here: Be Nice Box subscription link

No comments:

Post a Comment