Monday, April 28, 2014

Whimseybox review, April 2014

Whimseybox is a subscription service that, for $20, sends you a new craft to complete every month. My Whimseybox arrived a few days ago. Here's the box:


And here's what it looked like when I opened it:


Still curious...I wonder what's inside?


A calligraphy kit! The set included a pen holder, two nibs, a container of India ink, paper on which to practice, a traceable alphabet, traceable quotations, and sheets of cardstock.


And instructions, of course.

This is such a unique craft, and at first I wasn't sure how I felt about it. I've always thought that calligraphy would be interesting to learn, but I assumed that my attention span would dry up long before I had mastered it. I still don't know how much I'll be calligraphying (and, yes, I know I made up that word), but I love the fact that Whimseybox introduced its subscribers to such an interesting and time-honored craft. Even if I don't completely immerse myself in the world of calligraphy, I'll definitely be trying it out and creating the project that was included in the Whimseybox (especially because I can proudly wear this "achievement earned" pin if I do so):


----------

If you're a crafty gal (or guy) who would like to try out Whimseybox, head over to the website using my referral link and get five dollars off your first order: Whimseybox subscription link.

No comments:

Post a Comment