Monday, April 14, 2014

POPSUGAR Must Have review, April 2014

Last week was a slow one in terms of subscription boxes. I went a few days without receiving one, and entered a minor panic mode because I didn't want to go too many days without posting a review on this blog. Then Friday arrived, and so did three boxes at my doorstep. According to the tracking numbers I've been given from various sub box companies, three more will be arriving today. So now I'm stocked up and ready to go.

Today, I'm reviewing the April box from POPSUGAR Must Have. POPSUGAR is a website devoted to fashion and lifestyle news, and every month it curates a Must Have box full of, well, fashion and lifestyle items. Each box costs $39.95, and contains a minimum of $100 worth of product, so it's always a fun box to receive. Here's what I found inside the latest arrival:




1. BlueAvocado (Eco) Shopper (retail value: $25)--this is a great little bag. The top picture shows what it looks like folded up, while the bottom picture shows it unfolded. (I guess you could have picked up on that without me telling you, though.) It's made from plastic bottles, believe it or not, and is surprisingly sturdy. I can definitely see myself using it at the grocery store, or maybe bringing it along on day trips during the summer.



2. Too Faced Natural Eyes (retail value: $36)--my daily makeup routine consists of putting on foundation, swiping my lashes with mascara, and maybe applying a coat of lip gloss. I don't typically wear eye shadow, but when I do wear it, these are the colors that I use. It's a nice, neutral palette, so I'll be breaking out these shades on special occasions when mascara alone won't do.



3. Graphic Image Pocket Notes (retail value: $20)--the color of this notebook is lighter in person than it appears on the photo. I'll probably keep this in my purse for those moments when I need a piece of paper and can't find any.



4. Caldrea Rosewater Driftwood Hand Soap (retail value: $10.50)--soap is always a good thing to have on hand (pun intended). This has a nice scent, and will be a useful addition to our bathroom counter.



5. Fresh Pastry Stand Totally Awesome Tea Towel Set (retail value: $18)--these towels are, dare I say, totally awesome, but they don't really go with the decor in our kitchen, so I'll be gifting them.



6. NatureBox POPSUGAR Must Have Mix (retail value: $5)--this is a full-size package of trail mix prepared specifically for POPSUGAR by the subscription company NatureBox. It contains almonds, soybeans, corn, and cranberries, and is super delicious. It's making me think that maybe I should subscribe to NatureBox, too!

----------

I LOVED the POPSUGAR Must Have box this month. The value and variety of items were excellent, and I'm already anticipating the May box! To try it out for yourself, use my referral link and sign up to receive your own goodies from POPSUGAR every month: POPSUGAR Must Have subscription link

No comments:

Post a Comment